Sunday 29 April 2012

Monkey See Monkey Do- Holographic Design!




Purple Crumpet Fairy Challenge!


Polishes used:
Hi-Res- Milani
Black Satin- Rimmel
Fuchsia Power- Sally Hansen

So the Purple Curmpet Fairy challenges as of late are Monkey See Monkey Do Mondays. I recently aquired my first holographic polish and I knew I wanted to do something with it and I came across this image:
 (I saved it from Google images days ago, but it seems to have disappeared and I can't find the original source!)

Here are more photos of my imitation:

A photo guided how-to:
Paint your nails the base colour (I chose a holo polish) and lay a piece of cut tape like to photo above.
Then seal the tape firmly onto your nail with no air bubbles along the edge.

 Paint the second colour. Peel off the tape after 5-10 seconds. Voila!


Repeat the steps by taping over the second colour.




To be perfectly honest I like it a lot more with just the black, but I felt like I was cheating if I didn't copy the whole mani! Oh well.... I can always re-do it with different colours. ; )



Here is a bunch of other talented ladies participating:


8 comments:

  1. absolutely awesome - i like your version more, and the black on its own does look really cool! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your version more, I love the glitter but in the google image think it's to much and make them less nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Debbie and Layka I love so more your version, is so clean!
    Cooooooool mani lady! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it and i must own that polish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done, love it. I have to try it to because it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog! I really love it!

    ReplyDelete